Charge Audit Manager
Remote, FL 90802
The Charge Audit Manager is an exempt, full -time remote position. This role oversees staff, performs reviews and training, and acts as the client liaison in all aspects of the contracted services including: Defense audits, charge audits, medical necessity reviews and concurrent audits, management of staff including hiring, training and performance reviews, compiles and communicates findings both written and verbally and providing educational services to improve revenue recovery and compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
Complete the following functions in accordance with Managed Resources policies:
- Analyze workload and staffing needs; monitor and adjust on an ongoing basis.
- Evaluate staffs’ performance in meeting the goals identified by the company and the contract.
- Approves staff payroll and monitor productivity levels of onsite and remote employees.
- Responsible for hiring, training, managing and issuing performance reviews and performance improvements plans, as needed.
- Perform charge audits, defense audits, medical necessity reviews and physician billing audits as outlined in the contract.
- Periodic corporate reports on audit volume and results.
- Perform Quality Assurance reviews on all Employees.
- Participate in hospital meetings to report audit findings and suggest improvements.
- Design and provide education for hospital staff to improve revenue recovery and compliance.
- Communicate effectively with project principals, MRI supervisor and hospital liaison.
- Work with the client to get proper access and resources for staff to properly perform client audits.
- Develop, review, and update audit policies and procedures.
- Travel to client sites or corporate office may be required.
- 10+ years of charge and defense audit experience is preferred.
- RN License is required
- Prior experience as a Charge Audit Manager, remote environment is a plus.
- CMAS certification is a plus.
- Strong skills in oral and written communication, problem-solving, and business management.
- Knowledge of the health care industry and revenue cycle billing.
- Must be profoundly analytical.
- Knowledge of computer skills in Microsoft Office and products Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with management personnel.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to act effectively under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise.
- Graduate of an accredited college or university, BSN preferred.
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO