HCC Remote Coder-Auditor
11 Golden Shore, Suite 360 Long Beach, CA 90802
Hierarchical Condition Categories
Managed Resources is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, revenue cycle management, medical billing and coding review, and many other managed healthcare solutions.
We are now hiring Full-Time HCC Remote Coder/Auditors.
- Flexible work hours (Seasonal Work)
- Needed for a risk adjustment project.
- Must be available for training during core business hours.
- Work will be 100% Medicare advantage
The primary responsibility of the Auditor of Professional Coding is to audit CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, Modifiers, Units and identify documentation improvement based on medical record documentation, as needed for various client projects.
- Meet client deadlines
- Meet and exceed minimum productivity standards
- Pass quality reviews.
Essential Job Functions:
Complete the following functions in accordance with CodingAID policies:
- Abstract all E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
- Enter data into audit software and/or report for audit summary and audit worksheets.
- Evaluate the overall quality of physician documentation for quality improvement measures.
- Must be able to meet the minimum productivity standards.
- Must meet or exceed 95% accuracy rate on quality reviews.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Enter time accurately and timely into our timekeeping system.
- Comply with policies regarding the use and disclosure of protected health information which includes accessing and using protected health information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates must have:
- CPC and CRC certifications through AAPC
- A minimum of five years’ experience required abstracting CPT, E & M, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes from provider documentation.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and ability to research coding related questions.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Must have experience with remote and/or face to face provider education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass Federal Background Check.