Home Health Auditor
11 Goldenshore Street Long Beach, MN 90802
The primary responsibility of the Home Health Auditor of Professional Coding is to audit CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, Modifiers, Units and identify documentation improvement based on medical record documentation, as needed for various client projects.
Director of Coding Operations
- Meet client deadlines
- Meet and exceed minimum productivity standards
- Pass quality reviews.
Complete the following functions in accordance with CodingAID policies:
- Abstract all E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
- Enter data into audit software and/or report for audit summary and audit worksheets.
- Evaluate the overall quality of physician documentation for quality improvement measures.
- Must be able to meet the minimum productivity standards.
- Must meet or exceed 95% accuracy rate on quality reviews.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Enter time accurately and timely into our timekeeping system.
- Comply with policies regarding the use and disclosure of protected health information which includes accessing and using protected health information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the above mentioned responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have one of the following current credentials, CPC, CPC-H, CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, or RHIA coding certification required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience required abstracting CPT, E & M, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes from provider documentation.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and ability to research coding related questions.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Must have experience with remote and/or face to face provider education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass Federal Background Check.
Managed Resources Inc./CodingAID is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Tools & equipment: