HOSPITAL CODER, INPATIENT/OUTPATIENT
MANAGED RESOURCES INC
Full-Time I Onsite I Permanent
Why work for Managed Resources, Inc.?
We are a developing company with awesome people with great opportunities for growth. We are seeking a professionally driven Hospital Coder.
Your future starts with Managed Resources, Inc. (MRI) - don’ t pass up the opportunity to work for a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, revenue cycle management, medical billing, and coding review and other managed healthcare solutions headquartered in beautiful downtown Long Beach, CA.
The Hospital Coder works to identify and recover lost revenue which often involves identifying incorrect clinical codes on claims and recommending necessary corrections. In addition, the Coder will assist clients with correcting and resubmitting claims to payers, including Medicare and perform outpatient and inpatient coding reviews of hospital claims.
Ideal Candidates will Possess the Following:
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an acute hospital coder, with an emphasis in complex surgical cases (cardiac, orthopedic, vascular, spinal/joint) for both inpatient or outpatient
- AHIMA (CCS or CCA) or AAPC (CIC) certified
- Working understanding of hospital revenue cycle processes including HIM, CDM maintenance, & billing/claims generation
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and work flow management skills
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision
- Working experience with hospital patient account systems/billing software (EPIC, Meditech, MedAssets, etc.)
- Working experience with Ambulatory Procedure Grouping (APGs), Diagnosis Related Grouping (DRGs), and ICD-10 Procedural coding a plus
- Working knowledge of Managed Care and Government payer environment a plus
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Competitive Pay; commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, and Acupuncture
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with Matching
- Remote Work Environment (Company provided equipment)
- Monthly Phone/Internet Bonus
Managed Resourcesis an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Awesome company, great benefits, and lots of room for growth!