Human Resources Manager
11 Golden Shore Suite 360 Long Beach, CA 90802
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager plans, directs, and coordinates the administrative functions of an organization. Oversees the recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of new staff; consults with top executives on strategic planning; and serve as a link between an organization’ s management and its employees.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan and coordinate the organization’ s workforce to best use employees’ talents
- Oversee the organization’ s recruitment, interview, selection, and hiring processes
- Oversee Company Internship program
- Develop department goals, objectives and systems
- Link the organization’ s management with its employees
- Plan and oversee all employee benefit activity, COBRA administration, training and annual evaluation programs and processes
- Plan and execute retention efforts including annual Employee survey, Company-wide Employee relations events, Management meetings
- Serve as a consultant with other managers advising them on human resource issues, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment
- Oversee all LOA procedures and ensure full compliance with federal and state leave laws, as applicable
- Coordinate and/or develop and implement Management training modules
- Develop, implement and maintain Company policies and procedures
- Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes and directing disciplinary procedures
- Oversee timely processing of multistate UI claims, Child Support and Wage Garnishment orders
- Oversee and maintain Company’ s HRIS; on boarding and off boarding processes
- Develop and maintain annual reporting for: (AAP) Affirmative Action Program, OSHA, Vets100, EEO-1 and OFCCP.
- Oversee compliance with federal and state regulations and employment laws; keep current
- Oversee enrollment into Company retirement plan
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field.
- Knowledge of principles and general practices of human resources including employee benefits.
- Experience managing Recruitment efforts
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop trust with wide variety of internal and external clients.
- Computer literacy in MS Office, proficient in Excel.
- Demonstrated organization skills and attention to detail.
- Clear, concise and professional written and verbal communication
- Hands on experience in all areas of responsibility as listed above
- Ability to manage, prioritize, and deliver on multiple high urgency projects.
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to develop relationships with staff at all levels.
- Strategic thinker with ability to work independently to find creative and resourceful solutions.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Minimum of 5 years’ progressive management experience preferred, including managing of 5+ staff members
- PHR/SPHR Certification (desired)
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO