Multi-Specialty Pro Fee Auditor
Remote, CA 99999
Multi-Specialty Pro Fee Auditor – MANAGED RESOURCES
Part-Time (20+ hours per week) | Remote| Contract
The primary responsibility of the Auditor of Professional Coding is to audit CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, Modifiers, Units and identify documentation improvement based on medical record documentation, as needed for various client projects.
Managed Resources is a leading consulting group assisting healthcare organizations nationwide in optimizing its revenue cycle management through review, recovery and educational programs.
Please read the below description and apply if you meet the requirements and would like to hear more about this opportunity with Managed Resources.
- Abstract all E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
- Enter data into audit software and/or report for audit summary and audit worksheets.
- Evaluate the overall quality of physician documentation for quality improvement measures.
- Must be able to meet the minimum productivity standards.
- Must meet or exceed 95% accuracy rate on quality reviews.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Enter time accurately and timely into our timekeeping system.
- Comply with policies regarding the use and disclosure of protected health information which includes accessing and using protected health information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the above-mentioned responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have valid CPC Certification through AAPC
- CPMA Certification is highly preferred, in addition
- 5+ years of experience required abstracting CPT, E&M, HCPCS, and ICD-10-CM codes from provider documentation
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific Surgical and medical specialties as assigned (Multi-Specialty)
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology and ability to research coding related questions
- Must have experience with data entry of coders into a database and/or software tool
- Must have experience with remote and/or face to face provider education.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to successfully pass Federal Background Check.
- High School diploma or GED required
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Visit http://jobs.managedresourcesinc.com to find more jobs and sign up for job alerts.