Industry: Coder â?? Phy â?? Behavioral Therapy
Job Number: 2908
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CODER, REMOTE
Part time, Remote
Are you a gifted medical coder? Do you love to code? This role may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for! We’re actively seeking talented Behavioral Health Coders with 5+ years of experience and AAPC or AHIMA Certification, to join our dedicated team.
This position plays an important role at CodingAID. The Behavioral Health Coder is responsible for abstracting all E/M, CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into client software and/or Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed. Provide written feedback of coding results as needed in the form of comments, summary findings and recommendations. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles. Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e., schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
The contributions of the Behavioral Health Coder are invaluable to our organization, and each team member is made to feel welcome and appreciated for their unique talents and efforts.
To meet the needs of this role, we request candidates with the following qualifications apply:
- Must be a certified coder through AAPC or AHIMA for a minimum of 5-7 years.
- A minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience required abstract coding CPT, E&M, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM codes from medical records for Behavioral Health.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in e/m clinic coding, minor procedures, and surgeries for Behavioral Health.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems. Epic & 3M highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude.
A Little About Us:
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc. is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, coding and compliance reviews, educational programs, recruitment, revenue cycle management, and many other managed healthcare solutions. We’re proud to have served healthcare organizations and medical groups for over 25 years with proven success in meeting their operational challenges.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Fully Remote Work Environment
- Access to Webinars and CEU’s
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO