Cardiothoracic Surgery Coder
Full Time/Part Time I Remote
Are you a gifted Cardiothoracic Surgery Coder? Do you love to code? This role may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for! We’re actively seeking talented CT Surgery Coders with 5+ years of experience with an AAPC or AHIMA certification; CPC, CCS, to join our dedicated team.
This position plays an important role at CodingAID. The CT Surgery Coder is responsible for reviewing and abstracting patient medical records to assign surgical codes, E/M codes for both clinic and hospital as well as diagnosis codes.
Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed. Provide written feedback of coding results as needed in the form of comments, summary findings and recommendations. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles. Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e. schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
The contributions of the CT Surgery Coder are invaluable to our organization, and each team member is made to feel welcome and appreciated for their unique talents and efforts.
To meet the needs of this role, we request candidates with the following qualifications apply:
- Must be a certified coder through AAPC or AHIMA (CPC, CCS).
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience required coding for Cardiothoracic Surgery for abstraction coding.
- Requires strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in Cardiothoracic Surgery specific surgical and medical specialties.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude.
A Little About Us:
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc. is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, coding and compliance reviews, educational programs, recruitment, revenue cycle management, and many other managed healthcare solutions. We’re proud to have served healthcare organizations and medical groups for over 25 years with proven success in meeting their operational challenges. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Access to Monthly Webinars and CEU’s
- Fully remote work environment
Visit http://jobs.managedresourcesinc.com to find more jobs and sign up for job alerts.