Coder, Facility Outpatient
Remote, CA 90802
Full Time I Remote
Are you a gifted outpatient coder? Do you love to code? This role may be the opportunity you’ ve been looking for! We’ re actively seeking talented Outpatient Coders with 5+ years of experience and valid certification; CCS, RHIT or RHIA to join our dedicated team.
This position plays an important role at CodingAID. The Outpatient Coder is responsible for maintaining a high level of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding for all outpatient diagnosis and procedural occurrences with all levels of complexity.
Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into client software and/or Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles. Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e. schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
The contributions of the Outpatient Coder are invaluable to our organization, and each team member is made to feel welcome and appreciated for their unique talents and efforts.
To meet the needs of this role, we request candidates with the following qualifications apply:
- Must be a certified coder with CCS, RHIT or RHIA credentials.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience required coding ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 for outpatient facility for all levels of complexity.
- Requires strong experience using ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS level 2 coding classification systems
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude.
A Little About Us:
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc. is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, coding and compliance reviews, educational programs, recruitment, revenue cycle management, and many other managed healthcare solutions. We’ re proud to have served healthcare organizations and medical groups for over 25 years with proven success in meeting their operational challenges. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Access to Monthly Webinars and CEU’ s
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO