Coding Educator & Quality Assurance Auditor
Remote, CA 90802
CODING EDUCATOR & QUALITY ASSURANCE AUDITOR – CODINGAID
Full-Time | Remote| Permanent
The Coding Educator and Quality Assurance Auditor will provide essential coding review and education functions to help insure accurate and compliant coding.
CodingAID works with many of the largest and most prestigious healthcare organizations in the nation to locate and evaluate top talent for their organizations.
Please read the below description and apply if you meet the requirements and would like to hear more about this opportunity.
- Develop and maintain education calendar and establish timelines for training completion specific to level of training necessary
- Perform reviews in a timely manner to achieve goals
- Track and report on status of assigned audits and education
- Prepare and distribute audit results and reports for the system coding program to coding management staff
- Provide feedback and coding education regarding completeness and accuracy of coding assignment
- Other duties as assigned
- CPC Certification through AAPC is Required
- CPMA Certification is highly preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Physician Coding for Inpatient and Outpatient
- 2+ years of experience in Physician Auditing for Inpatient and Outpatient
- Previous production level coder/auditor and/or coding training experience
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation skills
- Strong knowledge in electronic health records, health information systems and healthcare applications
- Strong knowledge of coding principles and guidelines, medical terminology, classification systems, and vocabularies
- Knowledge of privacy and security regulations, confidentiality laws, access and release of information practices
- Experience with assisting and identifying learning needs, and with providing education and training designed to support a learning organization
- Associate degree in Health Information Management or a related field or minimum of 5 years of additional and related experience
CodingAID is a division of Managed Resources and an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO
Visit http://jobs.managedresourcesinc.com to find more jobs and sign up for job alerts.