Remote, CA 90802
Full-Time | Remote
The Coding Supervisor is an exempt, full-time remote position. The Supervisor will serve as the lead coder and coding supervisor in fulfilling coding support needs and resolving service issues as they arise. Assign and coordinate coder work assignments. Monitor the contract coders hours, productivity, and quality. Oversee the preparation of client reports. Oversee and maintain the coder education requirements and program and assist in the providing of education and quality assurance feedback to the coding staff. This job may be performed remotely, but may require travel to the corporate office, client sites and industry conferences.
Founded in 1994 Managed Resources (MRI) in Long Beach California, MRI partners with clients nationwide to help them solve complex revenue cycle and compliance challenges. In our over 25 years of operations, MRI has had the pleasure of working with many of the most prestigious healthcare organizations and medical groups in the county that span from the Hawaiian Islands to the East Coast.
Please read the below description and apply if you meet the requirements and would like to hear more about this opportunity with Managed Resources.
Complete the following functions in accordance with Managed Resources policies:
- Serve as liaison between the Clients, Director, and Contract Coding Staff to ensure adequate staffing levels based on the client needs and expectations.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Director and Clients as assigned regarding company performance
- Perform new employee orientation including scheduling training, time sheet preparation and submission, ordering equipment and supplies.
- Onboard, train, support, counsel, coach, evaluate and serve as a role model for all medical coders and assists staff as needed to complete work and ensure all expected standards in the process are working optimally.
- Problem solves, troubleshoots, and appropriately escalates issues to higher level management (Director of Coding and Auditing) as necessary.
- Set and enforce contract coder performance expectations including hours, productivity and quality
- Oversee weekly scheduling of contract coders in collaboration with the clients
- Manage the coders workload, set coding turnaround time expectations and deliverables.
- Oversees quality audits to assure consistency, accuracy and standardization of procedures and optimize medical coding. Provide re-training or action plans as needed to improve accuracy and production standards
- Prepare employees for project by supplying supporting information, directions and client profiles
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of coding exams and screening assessments to assist recruiters in hiring staff.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on coders time and productivity data to be used in report preparation.
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of completed report to clients.
- Oversight of all timesheets for coding staff
- Assist with the preparation and help conduct annual evaluations of coders performance
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles.
- Client coding and/or auditing as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Professional Coder (CPC) certification issued by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Associate degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Health Information Management or related field.
- Professional Coder (CPC) certification issued by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC),
- Prior experience as a Coding Supervisor or Lead; remote environment is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in professional coding that includes experiences in advanced level of ICD, CPT and HCPCS professional coding in a large, complex clinic or hospital setting at a lead or senior level.
- Multi-specialty coding and audit experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities including team building, conflict resolution, project management and effective decision making.
- Exceptional knowledge of ICD, CPT and HCPCS coding guidelines. Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills including the use of Microsoft office products, especially Excel, electronic mail, including experience with electronic coding systems or applications.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines
- Proven ability to prioritize
- Strong communication, administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and act effectively under pressure with initiative, tact, and poise
- Adaptive and flexible to new ideas and change
- Ability to work in a changing environment
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO