Facility ED Coder
Remote, CA 90802
FACILITY ED CODER
Part Time I Remote
Are you a gifted ED Coder? Do you love to code? This role may be the opportunity you’ ve been looking for! We’ re actively seeking talented ED Coders with 5+ years of experience and AHIMA certification; CCS to join our dedicated team.
This position plays an important role at CodingAID. The ED Coder is responsible for reviewing and abstracting patient medical records to assign diagnosis treatments, as well as surgical and non-surgical procedures for facility medical services. In addition, the ED Coder ensures that all services documented in the patient’ s medical record are coded with the appropriate diagnosis and procedures codes.
Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into client software and/or Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed. Provide written feedback of coding results as needed in the form of comments, summary findings and recommendations. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles. Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e. schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
The contributions of the ED Coder are invaluable to our organization, and each team member is made to feel welcome and appreciated for their unique talents and efforts.
To meet the needs of this role, we request candidates with the following qualifications apply:
- Must be a certified coder through AHIMA (CCS credential).
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience required coding for facility emergency department medical services.
- Requires experience with Infusions and Charging
- Requires strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Meditech, and 3M.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in specific surgical and medical specialties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude.
A Little About Us:
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc. is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, coding and compliance reviews, educational programs, recruitment, revenue cycle management, and many other managed healthcare solutions. We’ re proud to have served healthcare organizations and medical groups for over 25 years with proven success in meeting their operational challenges. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Access to Monthly Webinars and CEU’ s
- Fully remote work environment
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO