Human Resources Specialist
Long Beach, CA 90802
Full-Time I Hourly I Remote/Onsite Hybrid
Join our small and savvy HR team acting as the core of HR support for our nationwide remote team including onboarding, assisting recruitment, maintaining employee records in ADP and engaging the team with employee activities. We know HR is a balance of compliance, employee engagement, and supporting our leader’ s and team’ s many needs so they can achieve success. We’ re always asking- how can we improve our team experience?
At Managed Resources we work in an environment where people trust, respect, and encourage one another. We are a small, agile company with so much to offer! We are looking for a dedicated HR Specialist looking to move forward in their career and have an important voice within the team and company.
Become part of our continued growth & success
Founded in 1994 Managed Resources (MRI) in Long Beach California, MRI partners with clients nationwide to help them solve complex revenue cycle and compliance challenges. In our over 25 years of operations, MRI has had the pleasure of working with many of the most prestigious healthcare organizations and medical groups in the county that span from the Hawaiian Islands to the East Coast. We’ ve been experiencing high growth and the healthcare market we support is strong even during economic fluctuations.
- Successful teams know the importance of a new employee’ s first experience with onboarding and orientation; you’ ll oversee and coordinate all stages and ensure ADP accuracy. As a healthcare service team our onboarding requires attention to detail and verifications.
- Pre-onboarding candidates by obtaining all necessary initial hiring documents and conducting background screening for all new hires
- Organize, maintain and update employee-related documents and update/maintain personnel records, including I-9 files
- Ensures all required EE licenses, credentials and physicals are current
- Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, screening, evaluating, and maintaining eligible applicant pools.
- Maintains company organization charts, training log, and ensures completion of assigned training to employees
- Conducts audits of payroll, compliance and performs other functions, wage reporting and garnishments
- Be a resource to employees for all HR-related questions and concerns
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information
- Plans and implements internal employee events
- May assist with benefit administration and rollout
- Exiting employees-offboarding, actively responding to and maintaining multistate UI claims
Education I Qualifications I Experience
- Experience with HR databases and HRIS systems, ADP a plus
- Detail-oriented and organized in high volume situations
- Demonstrated ability to establish trust
- Willing and able to build your HR knowledge of policies, procedures, compliance and recruiting
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred
Ideal candidate brings
- You can tell us stories about your outstanding communication and interpersonal skills and how you solved HR related challenges and created trust on the team
- Even the smallest tasks HR performs for our team are critical- As an HR team member touching payroll you can show your exceptional attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to balance multiple activities for timely and accurate completion.
- Our moto for payroll and records- on time and accurate every time! You can tell us what this means to you
- We mastered working remote way before the pandemic- great engagement with nationwide remote senior level teams requires solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- This is a great opportunity for someone ready to move ahead from HR Coordinator or HR Administrator.
Remote/Hybrid Onsite at HQ in Long Beach
HR best practices sometimes requires HR to perform their job onsite and in-person, you’ ll need the ability to work onsite when needed, yet we offer the flexibility of working remote to balance our commitment to high HR standards yet willingness to recognize your work-life balance.
Where you’ ll grow
Our HR team believes in continuous learning and overall career growth. You’ ll be supported by a highly trained/educated senior level Generalist who’ s a master of project management; and receive one-on-one training and career expansion from our HR Executive.
A wide array of benefits from comprehensive health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid vacation days, 401k, a retirement savings plan including employer matching, employee.
Managed Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO