11 Golden Shore Long Beach, CA 90802 US
We are seeking an experienced Mailroom Supervisor with strong leadership and management skills to lead our administrative team.
The Mailroom Supervisor will have key accountability for the day-to-day operations and ensure the efficient performance of our administrative department, contributing to the overall success of our organization.
This position will focus on skill development and coaching to ensure mail is being processed in an efficient manner and that all processes are being followed with minimal error.
The Mailroom Supervisor has responsibility for helping the team to plan and prioritize multiple concurrent projects. A successful candidate will be able to communicate with both business and technical leaders. They will be responsible for the coordination of daily assignments, medical records printing, packaging, documentation, labeling and mailing of all clinical appeals within insurance deadlines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead a team of operations coordinators responsible for efficiently submitting clinical appeals via mail, fax, or payer portals.
- Responsible for prioritizing all intake work to ensure that operational partners are successfully set up to meet contractual client turnaround times.
- Work in cohesion with other operational leadership to ensure processes are outlined, maintained, effective and efficient.
- Facilitate a culture of effective communication and teamwork both within the operations coordinator team as well as partners throughout the organization.
- Monitor all admin internal system statuses assigned daily.
- Utilize data collected daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly for reporting, tracking, and analyzing trends.
- Provides staff training and report output of employee work.
- Setting clear goals, providing regular feedback, and mentoring and driving continuous improvement efforts.
- Processing quality audits and quality assurance reviews.
- Documenting new and existing processes.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert on internal systems.
- Possess a mindset for innovation and automation.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in supervision of a centralized mailroom or office services team.
- Experience in dental, vision, or the healthcare field, to include claims and/or billing experience, is preferred.
- An aptitude for making quick decisions, pivoting between priorities and projects, and communicating change.
- The ability to accelerate impact and lead change.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in Microsoft Office Applications and are an adaptable learner in other industry tools and systems.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to utilize data to identify trends and transfer data into process improvement and innovation.