Neurosurgery Coder, Remote
Are you a gifted neurosurgery coder? Do you love to code? This role may be the opportunity you’ ve been looking for! We’ re actively seeking talented Neurosurgery Coders with 5+ years of experience and AAPC certification; CPC, to join our dedicated team.
This position plays an important role at CodingAID. The Neurosurgery Coder is responsible for abstracting all CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, modifiers, units from the medical record documentation.
Other responsibilities include accurately entering data into client software and/or Excel reports. Performing accurate coding using applicable guidelines and client protocols and communicating with clients and/or providers as needed. Provide written feedback of coding results as needed in the form of comments, summary findings and recommendations. Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, regulations, and standards related to health information and coding principles. Communicate with Project Manager as needed (i.e. schedule changes, daily assignments/work volume, coding questions, etc.).
The contributions of the Neurosurgery Coder are invaluable to our organization, and each team member is made to feel welcome and appreciated for their unique talents and efforts.
To meet the needs of this role, we request candidates with the following qualifications apply:
- Must be a certified AAPC and/or AHIMA Coder.
- A minimum of the last 5+ years’ experience required with E&M Inpatient (consults, admits, subsequent, critical care, and discharge) and E&M Clinic, and Surgery (complex neurosurgery including shunts, spine, skull-based, and co-surg. with ENT neuro.
- Requires advanced technical knowledge in Neurosurgery including brain and spine.
- Extensive knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in researching and applying coding rules and regulations.
- Must have experience with data entry of codes into a database and/or software tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and EMR (Electronic Medical Record) systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have a positive, respectful attitude.
A Little About Us:
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc. is a nationwide leading provider of medical coding support, coding and compliance reviews, educational programs, recruitment, revenue cycle management, and many other managed healthcare solutions. We’ re proud to have served healthcare organizations and medical groups for over 25 years with proven success in meeting their operational challenges. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Schedule
- Fully Remote Work Environment
- Access to Monthly Webinars and CEU’ s
CodingAID, a division of Managed Resources Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/D/V/SO